- Asbestos Abatement
- Duct Cleaning
- Industrial Cleaning
- Lead Paint Abatement
- Mold Remediation
Sponge Media Blasting for Complete Lead Abatement
Looking to remove harmful lead paint or restore a historic building? With many processes to choose from, you want to make sure the job is done right when it comes to something as important as hazard reduction in your building. After considering many options, e.h.c.- Environmental Hazards Control landed upon sponge blasting as the best course of action. Sponge blasting uses a sponge-like media to remove paint and other contaminants. It’s an effective and efficient way to remove lead paint, and it doesn’t produce the same level of dust and debris as traditional sandblasting. Sponge media blasting has many other benefits that include:
- It is Environmentally Friendly
- Creates A Safer Working Environment
- Allows For Quicker Cleanup
When you use sponge blasting, you get the equal amount of productivity as a traditional abrasive blasting with easier containment and cleanup. Remove your lead from any surface today! For more information, contact our professional lead abatement contractor.
Using Sponge Jet Blasting on Historic Mill
The Old Altoona Silk Mill, built in 1889, presented with challenges from the beginning of the renovation project. The project needed lead abatement throughout all three substrates – wood, brick, and steel. The owners wanted it to be dealt with quickly so as not damage any prospective patrons’ health or enjoyment while they are visiting the historic site. With the sheer amount of lead paint covering these different materials, the lead abatement process was a daunting task to take on. After reviewing the project, e.h.c. considered using other lead removal and surface preparation methods but found issues with each one.
With all these different materials, it created a problem finding a method that could work for all of them. Whether it was cost, effectiveness, or timeline, e.h.c. could not find the best option that could be used across them all. The Sponge Jet blasting was the only method that could be easily used across all substrates at the mill. Some of the reasons why we chose sponge blasting include:
- Time Saving: It quickly removed the paint without damaging the integrity of the wood, brick, and steel.
- Eco-Friendly: The Sponge Jet Media blasting significantly reduced the abrasives consumed when compared to other abrasive blasting methods.
- Economical: This process lowers the cost of disposal since it doesn’t produce the same level of debris and dust as other methods.
- Safer: Sponge media blasting provided a safe environment for the blasters and other visitors while preserving the history of this newly modernized commercial space.
Contact e.h.c. today for more information about our environmental consulting division!
Smart Advantages of Abrasive Blasting
Where abrasive blasting didn’t work well for this particular project, it offers many advantages to use for other projects.
- Reusable: Certain abrasive medias can be reusable and, in the end, can be a cost saver for the entire blasting process.
- Efficient: This process can clean surfaces much faster than other methods and can remove contaminants more efficiently.
- Effectiveness: It can better protect the integrity of the underlying material and greatly reduces the need to undergo a recleaning and recoating.
If you want to learn more about abrasive blasting or other methods of lead paint removal, contact the specialists at e.h.c. today!Contact Us
For Sponge Blasting Services & More- Contact Us Today!
No matter what the substrate, leave your surfaces ready for inspection, maintenance, or coating when using sponge blasting! Whether you need an aggressive or delicate cleaning, control and capture up to 95% of your hazard buildup. After seeing the positive results from using sponge blasting for our mill building restoration project, e.h.c. is looking to use this method for future projects.
Whether you have a commercial or residential project contact our experts for your next sponge media blasting needs or other environmental services!